Friday, June 25, 2010

On the Move Again.....

Well, it sure has been a long time since we updated the Blog....So here goes.....
Persephone and I are BOTH on the move again.  First, let's talk about me (it is always about me.....NOT) Anyway, I went to the hospital at Marin, Martinique to see what I did to my knee.  I was greeted by a nurse who took charge of my care.  I was taken right away, a history taken, off to X-Ray, seen by a doctor, given some perscriptions for meds and given a referral for a further consultation.  ALL FOR $55.00 US !!!!!  All I can talk about is the quality of the care, and the cost.....why can't the US get it's act together with quality, affordable healthcare ??   One of the perscriptions was for an anti-inflammatory and the other for Nexium, "the purple pill" as the first drug may upset my stomach.  Anyway, back in the States, I was taking the "purple pill" for a while at a cost of $175.00 for thirty pills....my co-pay was $30.00.  The EXACT same drug was available at the local pharmacy in Marin for approximately $10.00 US for FIFTY pills...my CO-PAY was TRIPLE the cost of the drug in the islands.  Enough ranting....too early on a hot morning ! I don't want to add gas to the fire on the health care debate;  but something is horribly wrong with the US system when contrasted with the "third world" islands of the Carribean.  Anyway, the bottom line is that I pulled/sprained my knee, and time should get me moving again just fine. (The X-Ray did show quite a bit of calcification....arthritis....so that was the reason for the follow up consult).

Now for Persephone,  she too has been "on the move".  We left Martinique yesterday morning for a beautiful sail over to St. Lucia.  This was one of the best sails of the trip.  Perfect, brisk Trade Winds, constant in speed and direction pushed us quickly to St. Lucia.  We had a couple of brief squalls which didn't have much wind, but lots of rain.  What a way to cool off on a hot day.....just great !  We arrived in Marigot Inlet late afternoon.  What a cute, upscale place we have found.  We will go ashore this morning to clear customs, and explore the town.  I promised to take T out for dinner tonite....which is a real treat for both of us.

We still want to post several pictures, however, the internet connection is spotty at best.  Will try.....

THE CREW  

No comments:

Post a Comment