Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another Saturday Night.....

Hello from soggy Grenada (and I thought the rainy season was supposed to end by mid-November...WRONG !!).  It has been raining off and on...mostly on.... since Thrusday.  Friday was a complete washout; I never left the boat.  We got over 3 1/2 inches of rain on Friday alone, and the rain continues.  So, to ward off cabin fever, there is only one thing to do....ROAD TRIP !!

The rain continues...and so does the street fair
Being the last Saturday of the month, the little town of Victoria, located in the northwest tip of Grenada hosts a street food fair.  This was started a couple of months ago, and it is strictly a "locals" event...i.e. no tourists.  So, a bus trip was organized to make the trip to Victoria....The street was blocked off and tents were set up featuring local food, local rums, and of course beer to wash it all down....


The food was very 'local'....'lambi water' (a conch stew...very good !),  'manny water'  (floating goat testicles....an all time favorite, I'm sure),  small fish still whole which are eaten like an apple, curried mutton (delicious), and ox tail stew... "Excuse me....does the ox tail have bones" ?? I asked.  O' course it does, mon....how da ya thig  it moves it's tail !!"  " Right...got it"....I muttered as I sidled away....   Seriously, all the food was delicious, fresh and different.
How many hands are holding the bottle ?

Eric ('Compass Rose') and I enjoying a coldie and sampling some of the local "Clarks' Court Bay Rum".  A special thanks to Matts on 'Elin Alida' my neighboring yacht from Sweden who supplied the pictures.  SKOL, Matts !!

No comments:

Post a Comment