Thursday, June 21, 2012

Home....

A week ago Monday, Persephone arrived in Grenada.  Mark,  Willie (s/v 'Liahona') and I walked into the Customs and Immigration Office, when the officer looked up, smiled and said: "Hi Persephone, welcome back" !  "Hi Mr. Williams...it's good to be back", I responded.  Meanwhile, Mark is looking at his feet and muttering "how come Customs knows you, what did you do this time ?"  Relax Mon, I'm 'home'. 

 Grenada is where the major boat projects are done. But first, the "Big Top"  (i.e large awning cover) had to be repaired.  It was chaffed in a couple of spots when I took it down last November; figuring I would stitch it during the winter season....wrong.  So, out came the sewing machine.....

But, don't get me wrong...it is not all work.  On Tuesday, Lynn and Ken (s/v 'Silverheels III') organized a picnic on top of a 'hill' (read: mountain) overlooking Mt. Hartman Bay where Persephone is moored for the summer.


Ken and I were in the field above chatting when out of the corner of my eye I see something coming at us.  I turned and saw a bull briskly walking toward us, who appeared agitated and getting ready to charge !  I yelled, " look out" to Ken who turned, yelped,  and took off running toward a tree.  Before I could react, Lynn (at 6' 2" tall) jumped up, screamed, raised her arms over her head and charged the bull !!!  The bull stopped dead in its tracks....not wanting to confront this crazy cruiser charging him.  The bull quickly turned tail, and ambled off. 





 Lynn wasn't taking any of his bull sh*t !!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Oklahoma. I met you two on St. John back in December of last year. I just want to let you know that you have inspired me with your story. I am all signed up to take ASA 101 in July. I am so excited to learn about sailing. It all started with meeting you two and following your blog. Just thought you might like to know. ;-) Julie Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm picturing the sight and laughing! Hope all is well in Grenada. s/v Celtic Dream

    ReplyDelete